Do you want to protect your site content? If you feel that your website content is very valuable and does not want to be copied and taken away by others, you can consider adding to your WordPress website the function of prohibiting copying article content text, disabling right-click and F12. In this regard, there are indeed some good WordPress plugins that can be used directly. Today, we will share 3 related plugins with a relatively large number of installations. Each plugin has its own characteristics, and some features of some plugins may require payment.
How to install WordPress plugin?
We have a article about how to install WordPress plugin. We have said details in this article. You can follow the guide.
1: WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click
WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click is the most installed of such plugins, reaching 100,000+, indicating that its functions are still recognized by many users. If you want to maximize the protection of the content, the paid version of this plugin should be a good choice.
- Protect your content from being selected and copied
- Disable image save
- No right-click or context menu
- Display alert message, image ad or HTML ad when saving the image or right-click
- Disable the following shortcut keys: CTRL + A, CTRL + C, CTRL + X, CTRL + S or CTRL + V
- Advanced and straightforward-to-use administration panel
- If you want, no one can right-click the picture on your website
Paid version features:
- Add watermark
- Use htacsess rules
- Support jquery coverage protection
- Full control of right-clicking or context menu
- When the user right-clicks on an image, text box, link, plain text, etc an alert message is displayed
- Administrators can exclude the homepage or individual articles from copy protection
- Administrators can disable copy protection for administrator users
- Active image protection (it is almost impossible for expert users to steal your images!)
- Support all major theme frames
- Compatible with all primary browsers
- Tested in IE9, IE10, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera
- Disallow image drag and drop
- Can be used on smartphones and iPhones
- Ability to set different levels of protection for each page or article
2: WP Content Copy Protection with Color Design
WP Content Copy Protection with Color Design can prevent copying content from pages, stealing data and images. You can also exclude certain pages and articles.
If someone right-clicks, it will display a warning window with a message. You can change the color of the alert window that matches your website.
The plug-in disables the selection of text and the ability to drag and drop images to the computer. Once the text cannot be selected, the user cannot press CTRL + C, CTRL + A, CTRL + X, CTRL + V, and CTRL + P.
- You can also disable right click without giving an alert window
- You can change the alert message yourself
- You can exclude logged-in users from the options page
- You can exclude pages and articles
- You can set to protect only specified pages and articles
- You can protect the print preview page (CTRL + P)
3: Secure Copy Content Protection
Secure Copy Content Protection can disable right-click, copy-paste, content selection and copy shortcuts on your website, thus preventing content theft and web crawling.
- Content copy protection
- Warning text
- Disable left click
- Disable right click
- Disable developer tools
- Disable drag and drop
- Disable F12
- Disable CTRL + C
- Disable CTRL + V
- Disable CTRL + X
- Disable CTRL + S
- Disable CTRL + A
- Style settings
Paid version features :
- Includes all free version features
- Block by IP
- Block by country
- Block Rest API
- Protection by user role
- Protect by article/article type
- With password-protected content
- Paid content via PayPal
- and many more…
Protecting content from being copied has both advantages and disadvantages. Although it is possible to prohibit others from copying the content of the website in a certain program and protect the original content, restricting the common functions of the browser may have some adverse effects on page browsing and user experience. Moreover, if yours is a tutorial site with some development code in it, you can’t prohibit others from copying your code. Furthermore, almost all methods are just for some cases, so whether you use it or not depends on your actual needs.
There are some other plugins related to protect content but we have selected 3 most downloaded plugins. We hope it will help you.